Thursday, August 5, 2010

Don't Waste Your Life

Last night in small group we watched a Nooma, it was titled Noise. We had a great conversation about the noise in our life. Our priorities and why we put God last.
We talked about doing a media fast as a group, because most of us struggle with media distractions.
Today I was listen to a podcast by Todd Nighswagner, the pastor at Cornerstone Church. His whole sermon was about not wasting our life on our vain pursuits to please our flesh. He referenced John Piper book Don't Waste Your Life.
I have been putting off reading that book for months now. I think God is trying to tell me something. I know I waste so much time that could go to further the kingdom or my own spirtual maturity. I have decided to make better use of my time.
How about you do you waste your time? Is it time to reflect and make some different choices? Just some food for thought.

1 comment: