Wednesday, March 23, 2011

We Whine To Much

"We have to make up our minds to bear the cross without ceasing and as far as possible without whimpering." AW Tozer

I read this quote this morning and was reminded how much I whine. If things are not going my way or I don't get what I want. I whine like a little two year old. I look at the Life of Joseph , what an example he was. Life was pretty bad for a long time and yet he was faithful to God. I strive and I hope you do as well to be like that, in times of troubles we need to lean on God. Instead to often I complain to him. Scriptures says the path is narrow and hard at times, how easily I forget that. The next time you or I are whining to God, take a moment and think about what you are saying. Remember Joseph and remind yourself it could always be much worse.

1 comment:

  1. We were just talking about this the other day during Bible reading...after reading about how the Israelites kept grumbling and how much it bothered God.

    ReplyDelete