Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Nothing to Fear

This week has been one of these weeks where scriptures has just come alive in my mind and heart. I wrote down 8 sermons ideas this morning alone. One thought that ran throughout all the different passages I was looking at, is we have nothing to fear.
Yesterday I was again reading Mark 5 and the account of the demon possessed man, and these points stood out to me.
- first the demons come and bow at Jesus feet
- second the demons begs Jesus not to torture them
- third the demons knew who Christ from a distance
- fourth he again begs to not be sent form the area
- fifth Jesus allows the demons to enter the pigs
- sixth the people see God and are terrified and ask him to leave
- the healed man begs to go with God
- Jesus says go tell what I did for you
- the man goes out and tells of what Christ did for him

So we have nothing to fear, but yet we live in fear. We live in fear of what people might say, do , or how they might react. Are we any different then the people that begged Christ to leave them? Christ has won. Christ has authority over demons. Christ has conquered death and restores us. So what are we afraid of? Things of this world and the flesh, then we need to shift our focus and mindset to things of heaven.

We like the man if we know Christ are healed and he asks us to go and tell people what he did for us. We have eternal life and are no longer dead. We came to the cross and got Jesus or did we? Do you have a relationship or did you just get religion and fire insurance. If you have Christ feed your soul and obey his command like this man did in Mark 5 go tell people what he did for YOU!

I know for me personally there is a desire in my soul and heart that is only quenched by time with God and obedience to God. At times it makes me do crazy things to the worlds standards, it causes me pain in the world, but man when I obey it the satisfaction I receive is out of this world. It also makes me hungry for more, we truly do not eat by bread alone.

If you and Christ have a relationship this same hunger and thrust is in you. Listen to your soul, feed your soul, go tell others what Christ did for you. Rest in the assurance that all this world can do is take your life, but not your soul. Honestly once we lose our life, it has really only begun. We have nothing to fear so be bold today.

No comments:

Post a Comment